Technical Designer – Lingerie & Intimates
* Sydney Based
* Strong Technical Knowledge
* Bras, Lingerie, Intimates, Swimwear & Sleepwear
* Freelance or Part-time opportunity – Available NOW
A rare opportunity is currently available to join a major retailer going through rapid growth. This solid business is currently seeking an intimates developer with strong technical garment specification and construction expertise to to become an integral player in their highly recognised women’s intimates brand.
Working closely with the teams your prime responsibilities will be to ensure the technical development, measurements and fit of garments meet with specifications and standards in quality and design aesthetics.
Position Responsibilities include:
* Checking samples for quality, comfort and fit
* Attend fit meetings & document & relay all changes to suppliers
* Prepare garment & size specifications
* Identify and prevent potential production and QC problems by anticipating and resolving any potential style issues
* Responsible for ensuring garments meet critical path key dates and sign off
* Garment construction/technical knowledge – Particularly Bra moulding techniques, cup fittings, lingerie finishes, lace placements, stretch/wovens and componentry is essential
* Create tech packs for suppliers
* Continue to develop & maintain block library for Bras, lingerie / sleepwar with suppliers
* Manage wear testing and provide detailed reports
* Work closely with buyers and assist in the style development of product
* Timely and clear communication with internal teams and offshore suppliers
* Photoshop & Illustrators skills advantageous, but nor essemtial
To succeed in this role, you must have a thorough understanding of quality standards in terms of fit, construction, detailing and workmanship gained from within a Bra design, lingerie or swimwear development environment.
Active participation in fittings and clear documentation of any alterations will ensure timely approval of garments, so good communication and genuine people skills are essential for this role.
This solid businesses is growing rapidly and keen to on-board a Technical Designer with insight and leadership skills .. Also required is a personality that can drive these categories to and lead a team so that the business stays at the forefront of technology.
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
To apply click, APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume; your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher
For further opportunities please see our website www.scarlettrecruitment.com.au