Hamilton Island is now seeking aBakerforBob's Bakeryconveniently located on the marina side on busy Front Street. This is Hamilton Island’s only bakery outlet and provides premium breads, savoury items, sandwiches, wraps, cakes and pastry products directly to guests in a retail setting and also to our island restaurants. The Bakery also services the island lunch truck and speciality cakes on request.
About the Role
- Live on island
- Work as part of a small team to produce a variety of high quality products from scratch
- Produce high quality baked goods for bakery sales and restaurant on island
- High volume bread and pastry production
- Full time permanent position
- Trade qualifications with a Certificate III in Bakery
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a baker in a high volume outlet
- Experienced with gourmet breads and pastry
- A positive and self-motivated attitude
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
Island of opportunity
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers