Retail Divisional Accountant - Sheridan
- Sheridan - Beautiful Australian Living
- Retail Divisional Accountant role available within the finance/commercial team
- 150 + Stores across Australia and NZ
- Excellent company culture and growth opportunities
In celebration of 50 years of Sheridan, we continue to be inspired by a uniquely Australian essence, and the vast landscapes of our beautiful country.
From pioneering beginnings as Australia's first textile printing business founded by Claudio Alcorso, to collaborations with iconic Australian artists in the 1980's, Sheridan has a rich history of artistry, craftsmanship and quality.
Our continuing devotion to creating the finest quality products, painted by hand in the Sheridan Sydney Design Studio, is an ode to Alcorso's creative spirit which is still woven throughout every piece we create at Sheridan today.
In our 50th year, we also celebrate the launch of Sheridan Studio; enabling our customers to curate, create and style their homes with an expanded offering of furniture and homewares in our new, most innovative retail concept.
You will be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the retail business financial information and the ownership of the retail numbers across our Australasian retail business (160 sites) including individual store P&L levels. This role requires a large amount of reconciliation, and this case, across several software's - You will be required to work at pace while working in the business rhythm of a 2 day month end close period.
Within this role you will have the opportunity to present the financial results and position of the retail business back to management clearly communicating the issues, risks, and suggested solutions. This includes both historical information and the annual budget.
This role will see you working closely with the Senior Divisional Accountant and other key members of the commercial team.
What experience do I have?
- Retail accounting experience and or history working with multi-site accounting/P+L
- 2 years' experience +
- Working towards CA or CA Qualified
- Experience with a one/two day close for end of month
- Evidence of experience working within a multi-site accountancy environment
- Retail accounting experience highly desirable
- Strong analytical and administrative skills
We are looking for someone who is technically focused, confident and motivated to achieve results within a leading Australian business.
What's in it for me?
- We're big on training, development and promoting from within: there are genuine career opportunities across our business available for you to explore!
- 50% off our fabulous brands, including Sheridan, Bonds and Champion
- Reduced Health Insurance premiums with our partner BUPA
- Worklife balance
- Engaging and supportive working environment